Thursday, December 16, 2010

Close The Door When You Leave

I don't know who wrote this poem. I found it on a friend's blog. So no copy right infringement is intended. If you or a loved one is dealing with cancer, this is dedicated to you. May you find strength and healing in the one who is all-compassionate.



I never asked you to visit
 At least I don't believe I did
 Maybe I don't know
 It's so confusing

 At any rate, you're a rude guest
 You take my energy,
 rob my sleep, and with a stick
 You swirl and distort my dreams

 All right, You are here for now
 But understand
 There are two places
 That are forever off limits

 You may not tread on my spirit
 You may not occupy my soul

 I have heard of your visits to others
 I know the damage you leave in your path
 The wanton disregard for innocence, value,
 and what some would call fairness

 Also, I hear that laughter confuses you;
 That good food makes you feel bad, and
 That nothing causes you more distress
 Than an autumn sunset,
 The forever blue of a summer sky
 Or the unconditional radiance of a child's smile

 Listen and understand
 You might pilfer my closets,
 Empty all the drawers,
 And trash my house,
 But there are two places
 Forever off limits

 You may not tread on my spirit
 You may not occupy my soul

 Do not mistake my nausea, weakness,
 And pain as signs of your victory
 They are simply small dents
 In the armor I wear to fight you
 Instead, look deeply into my eyes

 That there are two places
 Forever off limits

 You must not
 May not
 Will not tread on my spirit

 You must not
 May not
 Will not occupy my soul




No comments:

Post a Comment