Thursday, June 21, 2012

How to Eat Your Way Through Mexico City and live to tell about it

One must indulge one's children when they return home from university, mustn't one. 


Therefore, Olivia's recent visit gave us an excuse to revisit some eateries like the Crepes & Waffles restaurant.

Yes, there is a crepe beneath the chocolate, bananas, strawberries, ice cream, whipped cream, and nuts.


While she waits, Olivia draws a picture of Wesley.


Stuart enjoyed his treat as well.


Next stop - Xochimilco. 
After we meandered through the plant market we worked up an appetite for tacos and quesadillas.


Unfortunately, we ate them so quickly I didn't get a picture. But I assure you, they were delish!


It took 20 minutes to drive to the metro station, and then another 30 minutes on the metro to get to "El Moro," Mexico's oldest churreria. Trust me, it was worth every minute.


I ordered the "Especial" with 4 churros. 
It's a dark hot chocolate with cinnamon and I loved every drop.


Time to walk off the churros downtown. 


This particular day ended at a coffee shop atop the Sears department store.


While the kids enjoyed their frappuccinos, I enjoyed the view.


The beautiful "Palacio de Bellas Artes" boasts many artistic wonders, including some magnificent murals by Diego Rivera.


My birthday stash. Chocolate seems to play a prominent role in my life.


Our last day together before Olivia headed back to the States. 
So there you have it folks: how to eat your way through Mexico City and live to tell about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment