Monday, March 21, 2016

I love to teach

Wherever I have lived in this world, I have capitalized on opportunities to teach. I've taught amazing students in Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Mexico at Bible colleges, high schools, and seminaries. I've traveled with my students through the ancient world of the Pentateuch and through the exciting world of the Book of Acts to discover God's redemptive story. With other students, I've tackled the intricacies of the English language to navigate the best ways to interpret and craft stories. Now I have the exciting opportunity to teach at a wholly different venue in Mexico City at Reto a la Juventud (Teen Challenge Mexico).


Teen Challenge (Mexico City, Mexico)

On a recent Saturday, Stuart and I trekked over to Reto and greeted nine eager Teen Challenge residents. I spent the next two hours introducing and practicing English grammar, useful phrases, and pronunciation. In the process, we also got to know each other a little better and we look forward to spending more Saturdays together.

I love to teach. (Did I mention that already?) I love it because teaching incorporates two of my passions – strengthening minds and building community. Effective teaching not only includes lecturing and listening, effective teaching inspires thought and conversation. Furthermore, I love to teach because I am fully committed to empowering my students to find their God-given voice, to thoughtfully craft it, and then confidently use it for the glory of God. 



Anna Sanders Seminary (Mexico City, Mexico)


Instituto Metropolitano Estrella (Mexico City, Mexico)


Sojourn Academy (San Jose, Costa Rica)


 Assemblies of God Bible College (Cristiana, Jamaica)

As you can see, Stuart and I have discipled some of the finest students in the world, who in turn have traveled the world and discipled others. Your continued prayers and financial support empower that process (and us!). Thank you.



Printable PDF (Spring Newsletter 2016)


Subscribe to our newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment