Friday, May 1, 2015

Itineration: an idiomatic ode to the end of the road


You know how it is. If it's not one thing it's another. Another day, another dollar. And so it goes. But I need to cut to the chase. The time is now. The end is near. It's Mexico City or bust by the first of June.

Drastic times call for drastic measures. But hold your horses, dear friends; no need to fear. I'm not pulling your leg or yanking your chain. I'm just going for broke and letting the cat out of the bag. We need your help.

I don't want to get in your face, under your skin, or drive you up a wall. But since you can't take it with you anyhow, why don't you take a leap of faith? Go out on a limb. Go the whole nine yards.

You may think I'm off my rocker; not playing with a full deck. But really, I'm just at the end of my rope and I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve. So could you put the pedal to the metal? Cut us a little slack? Send us some dough?

Make no bones about it, the process is a piece of cake. And For Pete's sake, it's quicker than a New York minute. Just push the button and make our day. I promise, it won't cost you an arm and a leg. Just a little faith.

Hats off to you, friends. It's time for us to get this show on the road. And your gift today will be the icing on the cake!

**But seriously folks, we just have a few more weeks to finish climbing the Itineration Pyramid and raise $15,474. Fortunately, because of the generosity of people like you, we are more than halfway there. All Assemblies of God World Missionaries must raise monthly support as well as a cash budget before we are given financial clearance and released to the mission field. The cash budget includes monies to pay for airfare to the field, rent/utilities deposits, language school, and visa expenses.

We eagerly look forward to returning to Mexico City to proclaim release to the captives of drug addiction and set at liberty those who are oppressed by the sex trade. 

Thank you!

Printable PDF Spring 2015

If you prefer, you can snail mail your offering to: 

1445 N Boonville Ave Springfield, MO 65802
Just put our name and account number (251128) in the memo line.

No comments:

Post a Comment