Monday, April 28, 2014

Things to do before I turn FIFTY

I long held the desire to continue my education and earn a master's degree, but ministry and family demands always seemed to take precedence. Finally a few years ago, I took the plunge and applied to Southwestern Assemblies of God University. Although my determination to graduate before I turned 50 seemed easy enough at the time - life happens! A change in ministry focus, language school and then adjustment to a new country left my studies on hold for a few years. But I am happy to say that this weekend I will graduate and meet my goal with a few days to spare :)

Yet this year is also special because all the women in our family will be graduating!


This is me back in 1986 as a senior at Southern Connecticut State University, where I earned my first under-grad degree. Soon after I moved to Florida and attended Southeastern University and studied for the ministry. Stuart and I graduated in 1990. Now in 2014, I get to walk the graduation line at Southwestern Assemblies of God University with my daughter Olivia to receive my master's in Bible and Theology.


#1 daughter, Olivia, graduated from Sojourn Academy in Costa Rica in 2010. This week she graduates with honors from SAGU with a counseling degree. 


Sophia rounds out our trio of  graduating seniors. On June 6, she will graduate from Leo High School and then she is onto Florida to complete the circle we began years ago to attend Southeastern University.

Hmm, now what should I do before I turn SIXTY?



3 comments:

  1. Congrat's to each of you accomplished women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome!!! I think you should publish a book b4 60. you are a great writer. if you want something more challenging you could always learn gymnastics!!!

    ReplyDelete