Friday, March 23, 2012

Going Kosher

Today, Stuart and I went on a road trip to Polanco with the hopes of finding Matzoh.
 Unlike in the US, where you can probably find it in any international isle of your local grocery store, we had to travel about an hour north by metro and taxi. 


Here at La Selecta we found our matzoh and horse radish.
My students will enjoy these and other treats on Tuesday when a guest missionary presents Christ in the Passover at Anna Sanders Seminary.



Afterwards we toured the other little shops and restaurants.
Thought this was a very intriguing building. I believe it houses a design firm.


Although we were hungry, we decided to look somewhere else to eat. 
I don't think we fit the clientele :)


We found a restaurant called Casa Portuguesa
I enjoyed Chiliquiles con pollo and Stuart enjoyed this ensemble. Fue bueno!


A pot of Earl Grey rounded out the meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment