Friday, August 19, 2011

I ♥ Rhode Island


Our road trip to Connecticut takes a happy turn to Narragansett.


Fishing boats like this one, motor in and out all day unloading their catch to the fish markets and restaurants along Narragansett Bay.


Olivia, Wesley and Sophia standing on the same pier my siblings and I played on as kids.


View from the pier.


Beautiful . . . Beautiful . . . Beautiful


Where's Waldo? 
Actually, the two in the middle are my parents walking towards us.


Quaint shops welcome visitors.



Yes, my friends, the Holy Land is closer than you ever imagined.
As the story goes, a local fisherman deemed this little fishing village, Galilee. 
When asked what was across the channel, "Must be Jerusalem" was his reply.


Or as they say in Mexico, "tranquilo".


One of the restaurants here where you can get great seafood.


Here's the other one where we ate.


And this is what we call LUNCH.
That and a half dozen clam cakes.


Time for ice cream.
You got to love the Rhode Island attitude.


My mom and dad taking a final look over the bay.


Olivia and Stuart.


Chillaxing before we go.




Although, I grew up in Connecticut, went to school in Florida, ministered in Indiana, lived in Jamaica, Costa Rica and Mexico . . . Rhode Island is my favorite place in the world :)


No comments:

Post a Comment