Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Día de Las Madres

Today is Mother's Day in Mexico. However we honored women and moms this past Saturday at our church, Asamblea Cristiana with a special celebration.


Our tables were adorned with little mementos like this . . . 


and delicious treats like these.


Our pastor's wife Alma did a great job organizing and emceeing the event.


My daughters Sophia and Olivia and area director Cheryl Greco enjoyed front row status :)


I had the wonderful opportunity to preach for the first time in Mexico (and all in Spanish por supuesto)!


We got to know each other a little better through a series of fun questions . . . 


and by playing a silly game. 
The appointed queen sits on her throne asking her subjects for a variety of items, whichever team reaches her first with the appropriate item wins the round.


Afterwards the ladies got a little out of hand while cleaning up. Everyone was anointed with frosting before the night was through.


Here I am with my kids on Sunday -- Olivia, Wesley and Sophia -- they make a mommy proud!


Our church gave to each mom a few special gifts as well.

I am thankful for my mom and all the special women in my life who have influenced and encouraged me over the years. I wouldn't be where I am today without them.

I am reminded of you sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. ~2 Timothy 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment