Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Eres Todopoderoso


Learning a new language is a never-ending saga. However, I have found it helpful to listen to music because the lyrics are usually simple and the songs are redundant (important necessities for the more mature brain). So, I have downloaded a few tunes by Marcos Witt, Julio Melgar and others. I especially like the song Eres Todopoderoso . . . You are All-Powerful by Rojo.

The words go like this: 

Eres todopoderoso (You are all-powerful)
Eres grande y majestuoso (You are great and majestic)
Eres fuerte, invencible (You are strong, invincible)
Y no hay nadie como tú (And there is no one like you)

Music helps in the memorization process and aids in vocabulary building. However, I kept messing up the words today as I was singing this song to myself. Instead of singing Eres fuerte, invencible . . . I kept saying Eres fuerte, disponible


Similar sounds but not quite right. So instead of saying God, you are strong and invincible I kept saying, God, you are strong and available.

Wrong but still right. God is all-powerful; he is great and majestic as well as strong, invincible and he is always available. I guess I needed that reminder today. 

The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. ~Psalm 145:18

El Señor está cerca de quienes lo invocan, de quienes lo invocan en verdad. ~Salmo 145:18




La única razón de mi adoración
Eres tú mi Jesús
Mi único motivo para vivir
Eres tú mi Señor.
 
Mi única verdad
Está en ti, eres mi luz
Y mi salvación
Mi único amor
Eres tú, Señor
Y por siempre te alabaré.
 
Eres todopoderoso
Eres grande y majestuoso
Eres fuerte, invencible
Y no hay nadie como tú

No comments:

Post a Comment